These tart berries from the Sambucus tree are packed with strong antioxidants such as anthocyanins, flavonols, and phenolic acids. These protective compounds are known to support and boost our body’s natural defenses.*
A beautiful flowering plant related to daisies, echinacea has demonstrated the ability to decrease inflammation and strengthen the immune system, thanks to all the antioxidants and phytonutrients it contains!*
A nutrient-dense resin made by honeybees to seal and protect their hives, propolis was used by ancient civilizations for its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory activities to safeguard the immune system and fight off infections.*
Vitamin C is an essential nutrient renowned for its powerful antioxidant capabilities to protect our cells against harmful free radicals, which are molecules known to damage DNA and vital cellular structures. It is also a key player in healing wounds and building up our skin’s defense system!*
Our Tru- Elderberry+ gummies contain 4 powerful ingredients that work together to help activate a healthy immune response.
- Starting with elderberries - these dark berries have been used for centuries in traditional herbal remedies to support the immune system. Research has shown that elderberries contain beneficial phytonutrients, quercetin, and anthocyanins which act as antioxidants to protect cells from oxidative stress1. Additionally, elderberries have been studied for their role in supporting a healthy upper respiratory tract2. This finding is attributed to elderberry’s ability to help inhibit the activity and replication of certain viruses3.
- Echinacea, the second pillar of our Tru- Elderberry + formula, is a well-known herb that’s native to North America. Studies have shown that echinacea contains important compounds such as phenolic acid, caffeic acid, polysaccharides and arabinogalactans. These compounds have been found to increase the levels and activity of natural killer (NK) cells and leukocytes in order to support the activation of a healthy immune response4.
- Propolis is a nutrient-rich resin made by bees from plant sources, wax, and bee saliva. This beneficial bee product has been shown to exhibit antimicrobial activities and can assist in fighting inflammation5. Traditional herbalists also turn to propolis for topical use and in oral rinses to improve the integrity of mucous membranes and calm any skin irritation.
- Vitamin C rounds out this formula with its antioxidant and skin-healing properties. Our skin is the first line of defense against invading germs, and damage to these cells from injury, UV light or microbes can lead to widespread imbalances or infections. Higher concentrations of vitamin C are present in our epidermis, the outer layer of skin, to help remove harmful molecules, boost collagen production and improve wound healing, thereby maintaining the integrity of our main defensive barrier6.
These delicious Tru-Elderberry + gummies are sure to be a favorite for your immune system and tastebuds all year round!
- Tiralongo E, et al. Nutrients. 2016 Apr; 182 :)4(8. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4848651/
- Hawkins J, et al. Compliment Ther Med. 2019 Feb;365-42:361. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30670267/
- Zakay-Rones Z, et al. Journal of Alternative and Complimentary Medicine. Winter 9-361:)4(1;1995. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9395631/
- Catanzaro M, et al. Molecules. 2018 Nov; 2788:)11(23. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6278270/
- Przbylek I, et al. Molecules. 2019 Jun; 2047;)11(24. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6600457/
- Carr A, et al. Nutrients. 2017 Nov; 1211 :)11(9. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5707683/
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.