As the golden spice of South Asia, turmeric has been used as a key ingredient in medicine for centuries. Its main component, curcumin, has been clinically shown to reduce inflammation through its antioxidant properties.*
Black Pepper Extract
A key component of black pepper is piperine. It lends a helping hand to our other key ingredient, turmeric, by increasing your body’s absorption of turmeric’s benefit-rich compound curcumin.*
Well-known for its aid in healthy digestion and relief from nausea, ginger has been shown to decrease markers of inflammation and support the immune system in fighting off germs.*
Our Tru-Turmeric + gummies contain a potent blend of turmeric, ginger, and black pepper extract, working together harmoniously to help your body diminish markers of inflammation, mount a targeted immune response and aid in post-workout recovery.
- Let’s begin our discussion with turmeric – a spice that has been studied extensively for its ability to act as an antioxidant in the body and improve our defense against destructive inflammation. Turmeric’s role in the immune system is special because it can boost the activity of natural killer cells and other molecules that target harmful microorganisms while also diminishing the activity of pro-inflammatory immune cells that can cause more damage when left unchecked1. This makes turmeric an effective balancer for immune activity. Turmeric has also proven to be beneficial for joint health, pain management, and brain function2. These results make sense given the findings that turmeric can travel to and act on cells in our extremities as well as our brains to reduce markers of inflammation and enhance cognition3.
- Curcumin, the main active ingredient in turmeric, is taken by many athletes because it can lessen post-workout pain and improve recovery. A study found that healthy adults taking 180 mg/day of curcumin 7 days before and 7 days after exercising experienced a reduction in exercise-induced muscle damage and soreness. Researchers determined that this occurs because curcumin has demonstrated an ability to bring down levels of inflammatory molecules and reduce activity of creatine kinase, an enzyme that’s released into the blood when muscles are damaged4.
- Curcumin is not well absorbed by the body when taken alone. Therefore, we included black pepper extract, also known as piperine, in our formula. A clinical trial found that black pepper extract increased curcumin bioavailability by 2000%, making it significantly more absorbable in the body5. Piperine has also demonstrated cell-protecting antioxidant properties and the ability to lower inflammatory markers related to pain and joint dysfunction6.
- Ginger is rich in antioxidants such as gingerols and shogaols which are known to support and protect the immune system. In addition, research has found that ginger helps to reduce markers of inflammation, decrease nausea, and fight against harmful microorganisms7.
Our Tru-Turmeric + gummies offer a high-quality and delicious way to incorporate these powerful plants into your life!
- Jagetia G, et al. Journal of Clinical Immunology. 2007 Jan;35-19:)1(27. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/17211725/
- Hewlings S, et al. Foods. 2017 Oct:92 :)10(6. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5664031/
- Ahmad R, et al. Evidence Based Compementary Alternative Meidcine. 2020 May: 7656919. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4/7238329
- Tanabe Y, et al. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine and Science in Sports. 2019 Apr; 29(4):524-534. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30566760/
- Shoba G, et al. Planta Med. 1998 May; 64(4): 353-6. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9619120/
- Salehi B, et al. Molecules. 2019 Apr; 1364. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6479398/
- Bodagh M, et al. Food Science Nutrition. 2018 Nov 108-96)1(7 ;5. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30680163/
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.